As a mom, I am always looking for healthy and yummy food snack options for Kids. Meals are still manageable but when it comes to snacking I always get stuck.
A few years back I while I was doing my research on a healthy snack for my picky eater, I came across Fox Nuts also known as Makhana, and once I read the amazing benefits it has I was determined to try them out.
Let’s begin with knowing the benefits of Fox Nuts
- It is very low in cholesterol, sodium, and fats which makes it ideal for snacking
- It is rich in protein and hence stays longer in your little one’s belly.
- Strengths bones – it is rich in minerals and calcium which helps in making bones stronger.
- Controls sugar – it’s an ideal snack for heart and diabetic patients as it contains good fats and has a very low quantity of saturated fats
- Fox nuts are rich in antioxidants and aids in weight loss and anti-aging.
Aren’t these some amazing benefits? Now let’s get to know some easy peasy recipes for kids
- Makhana porridge/Kheer
Palm candy or jaggery
Banana slices (optional)
- In a pan dry roast the makhanas for a min or two, turn off the flame, and let t cool down.
- Once it is cooled, roughly going it so that its easier for kids to eat.
- In a bowl mix Palm candy or Jaggery with a little water.
- Now in a pan add a spoonful of Ghee, add makhanas, and roast for a min.
- Add some milk and keep stirring
- once the makhanas start getting soft add the palm candy or jaggery water.
- Stir for 5 min and turn off the flame.
- Add banana and Yummy Makhana is ready.
2. Roasted Makhana Nibbles
Makhanas – 100 grams
Salt & Pepper
- In a pan take 4 to 5 tablespoon of ghee and let it melt.
- Now slowly add Makhanas while continuously mixing it.
- GIve it a nice mix and keep it to roast in low flame
- Mix every few minutes
- once the Makhans start getting crispy add salt and pepper as per taste
- roast for another 5 min and then take off the flame and let it cool
- Your yummy Roasted Makhana Nibbles are ready to serve.
- You can store these nibbles for almost 30 days
- these are travel-friendly snacks as they are easily stored and lasts longer
- you can roast and grind the makhanas in bulk and store for kheer to avoid repeating the steps every time you make it.
- You can choose to add any other spices of your choice in the roasted makhana recipe
These are the two most loved snack recipe for my kids and we enjoy them, hope you like them as much as we do.
This website participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. The program enables us to earn money by linking to amazon.com and affiliated websites without any additional cost to you.
However, I have personally used and liked each recommended product