Let’s admit it, during COVID 19 pandemic we all are searching for a perfect immunity booster drink to build a stronger immunity which would help us fight the virus.
Well, if you have been searching tirelessly and yet did not find a perfect drink then this post is especially for you, here I am going to share a delicious immunity booster drink that I have been making for my family for the last few months.
Let us first get a list of things we require
- Fenugreek seeds aka Meethi seeds
- Carom seeds aka Ajwain
- Cloves aka Laung
- Cinnamon aka Dalchini
- Licorice aka Mulethi
- Ginger aka Adrak
- Bay leaf aka Tej Patta
- Basil leaves aka Tulsi
Don’t get worried we will be using all the above ingredients in a very limited quantity, let’s begin to see the benefits of each of these ingredients and amount we are going to need.
- Fenugreek seeds aka Meethi seeds: this is a widely used product in an Indian household, Fenugreek seeds help in lowering blood sugar levels, control bowel movements, and also very beneficial for breastfeeding mothers. These seeds can be consumed in raw form with water or can also be powered for consumption.
- Carom seeds AKA Ajwain: these seeds have powerful Antibacterial and antifungal properties and hence it’s very essential in our immunity booster drink. Carom seeds also aid in digestion and gastric problems. These seeds can also be consumed raw with water or can be added to food for consumption.
- Clove AKA Laung: these contain important nutrients and is also high in antioxidants, Cloves are often used to relieve toothaches .It is also known for killing bacteria in our body. Clove powder is usually added in our food as it is a spicy ingredient and cannot be eaten raw in large quantities.
- Cinnamon Aka Dalchini: it is loaded with antioxidants and is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Cinnamon is a widely used spice in Indian household, it is a little sweet and a little spicy in taste, it can be used in a stick or powder form.
- Licorice aka Mulethi: is a wonder product, Mulethi is known to improve immunity, aid skin problems, and also boost congestion and ease in menopause symptoms. This is usually used in a stick form but powered mulethi is also available in the market.
- Ginger AKA adrak: this is a product which we use every day at our place, be it tea or curry we cannot do without ginger. Among its multiple uses ginger has a lot of other important qualities like it’s good for the heart, it improves brain function, combats cold and flu, and also prevents nausea. Fresh ginger is best for use but if that is not available you can also use ginger powder.
- Basil leaves Aka Tulsi: almost every Indian household will have a Tulsi plant at home, we consider it holy. Tulsi is very beneficial especially if it is consumed daily, or is proven to help fight cancer, improve liver function, improve respiratory illness, and helps in weight loss. Tulsi is best used in leaf form but if that is unavailable you can also use tulsi drops available in the market.
- Bay leaf Aka Tej Patta: these are great sources of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, potassium, calcium, and iron. Bay leaf is found in a dry leaf form and is a very popular ingredient in our kitchen.
- Lemon, salt, and pepper are going to use for enhancing the taste of our immunity booster drink but each of these also has amazing benefits.
Method of making the immunity booster drink.
- Add 500 ml water to a pan and bring it to boil
- Now add Ginger, 2 Mulethi sticks and 1 Tej Patta and let the water boil for 2 to 3 min
- Next, add some fenugreek seed, carom seeds, Basil leaves 2 to 3 leaves/drops, 2 to 3 cloves or a pinch of clove powder, half-inch Cinnamon, or a pinch of powder, let it boil for 5 minutes.
- When you see the water has started reducing lower the flame and let it boil for 2 more min.
- Turn off the flame and strain the water in a cup or a bottle.
- Now you can add lemon salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Hurray, delicious and healthy immunity booster drink is ready.
It tastes best when served hot, but you can also drink it when it cools down.
This drink is our favorite and we have this before bedtime or early in the morning, hope you like this and will try it out for your family.
That’s all for now!
Stay home! Stay Safe !