A fun and colorful art and craft activity is always a good idea, it has been raining very badly for a few days and Maanya was missing her SUN, so we decided to do make one using paints and paper.
In my last post, I have explained in great detail about What is Motor Skills and its Importance?. As Maanya is only 3 years and is still developing her motor skills I try to do activities which are can enjoy and also help in her development.
Today’s artwork is divided into 2 parts
The first one is called PAPER TEARING, in this activity, the child uses their fingers to tear a paper into small pieces and hence their fine motor skills are being used.
Things required for PAPER TEARING
- Any Yellow color paper
- Drawing book or paper
- Pencil or yellow sketch pen
- A round object for tracing.
- Ask the child to trace the round object on a paper or a drawing book using the yellow sketch pen or a pencil, of the child is young like my daughter then you can help them with tracing.
- Once they have traced the object give your child the yellow paper, ask them to slowly tear it into small pieces.Make sure the paper is not very small as it will b difficult for them to stick it.
- After the paper are torn, apply glue in small sections inside the circle made by you child.
- Let the child pick up the paper and paste it inside the circle, repeat it till the circle is completely filled with yellow paper.
The second part of the artwork is called FORK PRINTING, for this activity, they require a fork to be dipped in color and print it on a paper when they hold the fork and print it in a seesaw movement they use their fine motor skills of fingers and wrist.
Things required for Fork Printing
- Fork of any size
- Orange color
- Take out Orange color on a pallet and dip the backside of the fork in the color or use a paintbrush and color the fork orange
- Hold your child’s hand and with seesaw movement make a print around the circle.
- Repeat the same method until you have covered the full outline of the circle.
- And Hurray! Your colorful and bright sun is ready 🌞.
Wasn’t that a fun and colorful art and craft activity?
We had a great time doing this activity,hope you enjoyed it as well. For a complete video tutorial check our Youtube link Video tutorial
You may also like these activities
Pre writing-2 fun grip enhancing activities for Kids!
DIY FUN COUNTING GAME USING POPSICLE STICKS !
Easy Mothers day craft activities