Hey Mommies !
Today’s post is very special for me as I was waiting to share my Ultimate guide for DIY Diaper wipes with all you lovely ladies.
As a new mom , I was always anxious of what to use and what not to use for my babies and I am sure you can relate with me.
This was a much more difficult task for my first born as we were first time parents with no elders around and her skin was also very dry since birth.My husbands family have a history of dry and sensitive skin so when it came to applying anything directly on my baby’s skin it was scrutinized thoroughly.
During the first few days when Maanya (my first born) was born she use to poop a lot and as she had dry skin I was advised not to rinse regularly and most of the ready to use wipes which are available in the market contains may contain Alcohol or chemicals like Parabens and Phenoxyethanol which could irritate her already sensitive skin.
To solve this problem I spoke to my mother in law as my husband also had sensitive skin when he was young and she said the solution to my problem was very easy and I had to start making cotton wipes at home.
Materials required for making diaper wipes:-
Method of making diaper wipes:-
- Take some cotton and with the help of your hands roll it into a flat round wipe
- Boil some water and let it cool down a bit.
- Once it is semi warm add 2 drops of Lavender Oil or any essential oil
- Give it a nice stir and add all the cotton wipes
- leave it for an hour to let cotton soak all the liquid
- Store these in a stainless steel box .
- Squeeze the water out while using it.
- You can prepare a fresh batch every 24 hours
- Economical :-as all materials are readily available at home this is a cost effective alternative;
- Easy to make :- There is no rocket science attached to this, all you need is warm water and a little cotton.
- Easy to use :- you can customize the shape and size according to your needs.
- No wastage :- Since these wipes are made in regular batches they do not have a risk of drying out or being wasted.
- No harsh chemicals :- simple and natural products makes it completely safe and chemical free.
Wasn’t I right? these are very simple and basic things we can easily get at any household.
There are some wipes which I used after Maanya turned 1 year which suits her now.
I am a big fan of DIY solutions and you can find some more easy remedies below.
Hope this post helps you !
Stay Home ! Stay Safe !
This website participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. The program enables us to earn money by linking to amazon.com and affiliated websites without any additional cost to you.
However, I have personally used and liked each recommended product.