I always like to reuse and re purpose things at home and make best out of waste, so today I thought of making a simple and fun learning DIY ALPHABET WEAVING ACTIVITY BOARD for my daughter and specially when it is to create a fun activity or a game for her.
A couple of months back I had made a similar DIY Number weaving board and a lot of you had requested me to share the procedure.
So here I am sharing a step by step instructions will all of you on how to make Alphabet weaving activity for Kids
To start with we require below mentioned materials:-
Instructions to make the fun learning Activity board:-
- Take a cardboard and cut it into a square or a rectangular shape.
- Now cut the colorful papers into small squares
- Apply glue on one end and roll the paper and stick the ends together
- Make 13 or 26 such paper noodles ( according to your cardboard size)
- Now apply glue on the cardboard and slowly start sticking the paper noodle.
- Once it dries gently write alphabets A – M or A-Z (according to the size of your cardboard)
- Now punch a few holes on the top of your board and put a lace through it, tie a knot in the end to secure the ribbon.
- Decorate the board as per your desire.
- Hurray! A fun game is ready
Video tutorials – YouTube video tutorial
Benefits of this activity:-
- This helps in enhancing motor skills like hand and eye coordination.
- It makes learning Alphabets easier and fun.
- As we have used colored paper it is attractive and also helps in color recognition.
- Best use of waste materials at home
- Economic and cost-effective
- Can be reused in making a number board or word board.
We certainly need to try and do different activities with our children so they enjoy this process of learning. Introducing simple and hand made activities always attract the attention of these little minds not only do they enjoy this making process, but it also helps them to learn the significance of reuse and re-purpose.
If you have older kids, you can give this to them to make this for your younger ones as a weekend project, such as art and craft activities open their imagination and nurture their thoughts.
You can also try these DIY Activities
You can also check some fun
Hope you enjoy making this as much as I did!
Links of materials used in this DIY ACTIVITY has been shared under the material list section. Please note if u buy anything via these link, I will receive a small commission on your purchase (without any additional cost to you).