Hello Ladies !!
I am back again with play and learn, pre writing fun grip enhancing activities for toddlers !
For all who have been following my blog are well aware of how huge fan I am of Play and learn the method, these methods make learning and teaching new things to kids very easy and fun.
My daughter, Maanya has been introduced to writing recently, and since she has just started her grip over pencil is very poor, sometimes I see her trying to write with her fist closed despite repeatedly correcting her I observed she was not comfortable holding her pencil with her 3 fingers.
That is when I understood the need to do some fun activities with her so she can have control over her finger movement and believe me it has helped her immensely and so I had to share this with all of you.
Let’s start with her favorite activity:-
1. The Sand Game
* Inflated tray / Big Plate
*Some stamps or any toy which can make a print
*Spread the sand evenly on the tray or plate.
*Ask the child to pick the stamps or any toy and make an impression in the sand using only 1 dominant hand (which they write with).
* Have a conversation and small talks about the impression they make in the sand , it keeps them entertained and more focused on task at hand.
* Repeat the activity on alternate days to keep the eagerness alive.
The second activity is called
2. Wet/Liquid Pouring Activity
* 2 Bowls
* Cloth or hand towel
* Fill 1 bowl with water and keep an empty one beside it.
* Ask the child to dip the sponge in the water and squeeze out the water in the empty bowl.
* Repeat till all the water is transferred to the other bowl.
* Switch the bowls and repeat.
Both activities enhance finger grip which in turn gives a more steady ability to hold objects and have better writing skills.
You can check out our activity video below
Here are some more Motor skill development related activities
For more fun activities you can explore
You can also access free Educational resources by clicking on the below link.
Do try this with your kids !
Stay Happy ! Stay blessed !
Links of materials used in this post has been shared above. Please note if u buy anything via these link, I will receive a small commission on your purchase (without any additional cost to you).