When a baby is born there are numerous feelings and apprehension, as a new mom I use to get anxious on every little thing.
One fine morning I saw a spot on my child’s scalp it was Cradle Cap and my first reaction was to start scraping it but after a while, I saw little blood coming out of the spot I had scraped, I ran to my mother in law and that’s when she told me how to deal with it.
First of all the main question is
What is the Cradle Cap?
From what I gathered from Google is crusting and yellow or white scaling on the baby’s scalp, which is caused due to excessive oil produced around the skin glands surrounding hair follicles, it is very common and can be easily treated at home.
How to deal with the Cradle cap?
Usually, it’s very easy to get rid of the Cradle cap but if you see below tips are not working we encourage you to consult a doctor.
1. Take a washcloth or simply rub ur fingers gently on ur child’s scalp. DO NOT SCRATCH
2. Before you give ur child a bath, loosen the scales with a soft small bristle brush, please make sure you do this gently. Now wash your baby’s head with a mild shampoo.
3. If you find scales are not coming out easily, then try applying a tiny amount of petroleum jelly. Let it sit for a few minutes then shampoo as usual.
4. Avoid the oiling of hair during this time, as leaving oil may deepen the condition.
5. Once the condition is in control, shampoo regularly for a week to avoid rebuilding of scales.
Hope these above tips help you 😊
For activities and free worksheets join us on YouTube
Photo credits – PIXABAY