A challenge to cook with minimum resources and yet make it yummy and healthy is a challenge that each mother is facing these days!
And so here I am, sharing yet another healthy yet yummy snack options, let’s get started.
Ingredients required for the batter
- Sooji/Semolina /Rava – Half a cup
- Curd – 3 tablespoons
- Carrot – half
- Onion – 1 small
- Capsicum – Half
- Tomato – 1 big
- Coriander leaves- handful
- Green chilies – 2 big (optional)
- Salt – as per taste
- Pepper powder – pinch
- Bread – 6 Slices White or brown
- Butter – as per requirement
• In a bowl mix curd and sooji and let it rest for half an hour.
• Chop Onion, Capsicum, Tomato and carrot in very small dices.
• Take the batter after half and hour and mix it gently.
• Add all the diced vegetables, coriander, salt, pepper, and oregano to the batter and mix everything properly.
• If you are using green chilli you can add it now.
• In a pan dry toast a bread from both sides
• Once lightly toasted, apply butter on one side and put it in the pan , now apply a tablespoon of better in the other side and cover with a lid
• Put it on medium flame and let it cook for 3 min, once you see the sooji/Semolina/Rava is cooked, flip the toast and add a little butter in the pan, let it cook for another 2 min.
• Once the sooji turns golden brown flip it again and take it out.
• Cut the toast into 2 and it’s ready to serve!
This is a very quick and easy recipe, if you donot have half and hour for resting the batter ,leave it for 10 min only.
You can use different shapes cookie cutter to give different shapes, my kid loves the flower shaped Toast.
Do try this recipe and let me known your feedback 😊
You can follow my Youtube channel !